May 24, 2010

Blogging takes time....

Which is something I find myself with precious little of these days. Yet I still find myself needing to preserve some off the things that my amazing babies do in my "online" memory bank for the day when they leave home, and I enevitably bawl for what was.....


So from the mind of Martin, who is 4 in two short weeks:
* He can now count up to 30, and backwards from 20! Which shocks everyone we know.
* He is finally potty trained, and takes great delight in using this fact to get himself computer
time, or other "treats"
* Martin constantly amazes me with his observations of the world around him, and the questions
he asks in his quest to process what he sees. He has asked about gravity (and floating on the
moon), how rain is made, how bread goes from a little ball of dough to a big loaf, and how petrol
gets to the motor.
* He is still the sweetest most loving boy ever, who will come up for cuddles, and rub your back if
you are sad. His kisses melt your heart and his laugh still has that cuute baby giggle to it, which
I dread the loss of, it is the only thing that he still does that remind me of the little mite he was
not so long ago!
* Martin has also started Kindy - which he loves, and is playing peewee soccer, which he is
excelling at and amazes me with whenever we go!

And onto our Hanna-bean, 14.5 months:
* This child has the mouth of her mother! She says so many words I have already lost track of
them, but some of her favourites are - mummy, daddy, Dah-tin, Tin-Tin, Dabba -Dabba (Yo
Gabba Gabba), Nana, Gamma, Auntee, nandad, Dani, Leesha, up, down, Want, Look, Mya, Jen,
Pat, Ella, Willy, (m)Ah-tilda, shopping, walk, and my new favourite - PISSY - for Percy the
train, but at the top of her lungs.
* Everyone always comments on what a happy and gorgeous girl she is... a complete 360 to the
tired baby I get to deal with ^_^
* She is learning to go down stairs, but is running, cutting 7 teeth and is pretty independent.
* Hanna is the empitomy of Daddys little princess! She runs to him as soon as the door opens at
night, and has to be the last to kiss him goodbye, then she stands at our window waving to him
until he is out of sight. He loves to hold his hand, and listens so intently when he sings to her.
Quite honestly it sometimes makes me jealous, since Martin was such a mummys boy, and
Hanna doesnt really need me when her Daddy is around.

They are definitely a challenge to keep up with, but I am so very blessed to have two smart, independent and fairly well rounded kids.

I must remember this post when I complain about poo outside the loo, screaming matches and teen tantrums!

No comments: