I have to brag about my little man today. The past 2 years have been a battle of wills when it comes to me leaving the house sans Martin. He would cry and scream until I came home again and nothing would calm him.
But the past 3 weeks or so he has been getting better, he knows I will come home every time and he is happy without me. Yesterday I had to go run some errands so he stayed with Gramma, and when I came home she said to me "Oh, he didn't even notice you were gone"... real tear jerker!
It made me realise just how much I loved that he needed me, and wanted me. But Martin made up for it all when he looked at me and said for the first unprompted time ever "I love you my beautiful Mummy".... awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, that made me cry!
I so love him, every time he now looks at me and says "I love you too", everytime he gives me one of his famous slobbery kisses, every time he gives me a big cuddle while going 'oooooooooooohhhhhhhhh' to let me know just how hard he is hugging. But I think I love it most of all when I see him run into his Daddy's arms at night, even running up the driveway and halfway down the cul-de-sac because he is sooooo excited to see him, and just seeing the absolute love between my husband and my son fills my heart with joy and reminds me just how great life is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment